As an alternative to traditional pet insurance, United Pet Care is a membership program which offers instant savings between 20-50% on every visit to the veterinarian.
What is United Pet Care?
United Pet Care is not pet insurance—it is a membership program which provides instant savings on veterinary services. Once you’re a United Pet Care member you are instantly eligible to receive discounts on veterinary visits without worrying about wait times or insurance claims. United Pet Care (UPC) was started in Arizona, and has since expanded to California, Colorado, Iowa, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Washington. UPC has a provider network which is a list of several veterinarians who participate in the UPC program. If your preferred veterinarian is not listed, you can refer them to join the provider network either through their website or by calling their office.
What are the Benefits of Choosing United Pet Care over Traditional Pet Insurance Companies?
◦ No claim forms to fill out and no wait time for reimbursements.
◦ No deductibles.
◦ No exclusions due to pre-existing conditions, age or hereditary/congenital conditions.
◦ No waiting periods.
◦ No limit to the number of veterinary visits.
◦ No yearly limit on how many times you claim your savings.
◦ Savings are immediate; your bill is discounted at the time of service.
United Pet Care offers membership plans for dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, ferrets, pocket pets, and reptiles. Membership prices and discounts will range depending upon the state you live in and the type and number of pets you wish to enroll. Membership plans provide discounts on veterinary services, such as:
◦ Veterinary Exams (including house calls)
◦ Health certificates
◦ All surgeries
◦ Diagnostic testing
◦ Lab work